Dietitian Swapan Banerjee is a dietitian cum nutritionist with national & international repute certified by Foods & Agriculture Organisation (FAO-Rome), FSSAI (Fostac) Level-II (c/o-Confederation of Indian Industry-CII ) & CPD -UK having best education to prescribe diet & all kind of nutritional advice for any disease or disorder like obesity, overweight, pediatric to geriatric problems. He is attached to Netaji Sebayan Hospital located at Agarpara & Ariadaha Vivekananda Mission Seva Pratisthan (A Diabetic research cum Welfare Centre ).
He is an Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences (IJBAS) & IOSRD-International Journal of Food Engineering and a participant of T.V channel like ABP ANANDA, All India Radio (AIR-AKASHVANI) & other FM channels. In addition to that, he has participated in almost all the AIIMS ( the top international quality medical institutes of India) for the purpose of conferences & workshops in health/nutrition research.
Here is the profile of Dt. Swapan Banerjee (Dietitian) (Other activities: check other web pages).
Educational Details & Major Certifications :
*Certified by SWAYAM-UGC (recognized by MHRD-Govt of India, offered by Garhwal Unversity-a central University ) in 'Academic Writing' with 94% marks qualifying all assignments & proctored examination.
*Certified by SWAYAM-CEC (recognized by MHRD-UGC-Govt of India, offered by University of Mysore) in 'Food & Nutrition' with 70% marks qualifying all assignments & proctored examination.
*Post Graduation in Marketing Management. (MMM) from Alagappa University (NAAC-A-Grade). ( specialization - Food Marketing).
*Post Graduation In Dietetics & Food Service Management (M.Sc) from Indira Gandhi University.
*Post Graduate Certificate in Diabetic Education (PGCDE) by the International Diabetic Federation.
*Bachelor of Science (B.Sc-Bio) from Calcutta University.
*Certificate in Human Unity from Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture –Kolkata supported by UNESCO.
*Certified by World Obesity Federation –E-Learning- SCOPE-UK.
*Diploma in Management from NILEM- Chennai.
*Diploma in Nutrition with Distinction Internationally Accredited by CPD Standard Office -E-Learning (Code-50138), UK.
*QMS - Lead Auditor Training conducted by SGS -England (5 Days Full Time ) certified by IRCA –UK.
*DAMS (Ayurveda) with Distinction by National Development Agency. India (Reg. No.-917138- under Govt.of India)
*Qualified by (ACE) DGET - Govt. of India. ( Exam Centre: NIELIT Kolkata - Jadavpur University )
*Researcher in SSU on Foods & Nutrition on the topic: 'Endocrine Disorders & Dietary Interventions '
* 'Foods Safety Supervisor -Catering -Level-II' - Certified by Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FOSTAC -Training Dept.) C/O - Confederation of Indian Industry -Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan.
* Certified by IDF school of Diabetes (accredited by European Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education) on 'Prevention of Type II Diabetes' with distinction.
*Master Certificate achieved from UNICEF on 'Infant & Young Child Feeding'
Other National/International /Online Certifications :
- Certificate in “Clinical Skills Assessment” by The Royal College of General Practitioners.
- Certificate in “Food Safety” by Victoria Government (Dept. of Health) Australia.
- Certificate in “Good Clinical Practice” by London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
- Certificate in “Understanding Common Disease” by the University of Wollongong. Australia.
- 'Certificate in Nutrition' by The Health Science Academy U.K.
- Certificate in 'Health and Wellness' – by Arizona State University.
- Certified & education activity endorsed by Abbott Nutrition Health Institute on “Basic Newborn Nutritional Needs” by H.Q –Columbus-Ohio.
- Statement of Accomplishment “Essential of Non-Profit Strategy” by Berkeley Haas- University of California. (Non-profitable).
- Certificate in Food & Nutrition by IGNOU –New Delhi.
- Certificate in HIV & Family Education by IGNOU – New Delhi.
- Honour Code Certificate in 'Global Health Case Studies From a Biosocial Perspective course' by Harvard X, an online learning initiative at Harvard University.
- Honour Code Certificate in 'Improving Global Health: Quality & Safety' - course by Harvard X, an online learning initiative at Harvard University.
- Certified & education activity endorsed by Abbott Nutrition Health Institute on “Safe Handling and Delivery of Infant Nutrition in the NICU” (Columbus-Ohio).
- CDR Accredited certificate & sponsored by Nestle Nutrition Institute Successful “Aging and Dietary Protein: Beyond the Protein RDA” .
- Certified by AMEDCO in ‘FDA’s Role In Public Health: Drug, Efficacy, Safety, Quality & beyond’.
- Certified by ELSEVIER (Researcher Academy) on the following modules “How to turn a thesis into an article” & “Understanding peer-review process.
- Certified by MOOC -UDEMY in ‘Sports Nutrition ’
- CDR accredited Megabite online certificate on 'Irritable Bowel Syndrome & FODMAPs' (Level-III- 1.5 CPEU credit).
- CDR accredited Megabite online certificate on 'Sports Nutrition Basic' (Level-II- 1.5 CPEU credit).
- Certified by Manipal PRO Learn ‘Basics of Programming Using R’.
- FAO 'Infoods E-Learning & 1-day training '- by H.Q. Rome co-ordinators at the National Institute of Nutrition -H.Q Hyderabad, India.
- Completed all e-learning modules on ‘POSHAN ABHIYAAN’ and Certified by NIN- ICMR (Ministry of Women & Child Development-Govt. of India),2019.
- Certified by USAID- Jhon Hopkins Bloomberg (school of public health) in Knowledge Management (KM) in Global Health Programs under Global Health e-learning Centre.
a) 11 Years working experience in Pharmaceutical /Nutraceuticals & Food Management & Training.
b) 8+ years of experience in Foods & Nutrition/ dietetics as a consultant.
c) 3 Years of experience in audits/assessments in educational sectors.
d) 3 years of research experience in Institutes/Lab.
In the following Organisations:-
1. SIGMA-SVIZERA (Indian Multinationals) HEALTHCARE - from 2000 to 2006 in the pharmaceuticals & nutrition management & training industry.
2. ORDAIN HEALTH CARE - from 2007 to 2008 in the pharmaceuticals & nutrition management & training industry.
3. AMBITION NUTRITION – Researcher & Clinical Nutritionist cum Dietitian - from 2009 to 2015.
4. DIET FITNESS – Co-Founder cum Advisor & Researcher. since 2012.
Participation in Training /Workshops :
Participated in 3 days of full-time Management Development Programme in Mumbai 2005 by Svizera Healthcare.
Participated in 3 Days Full-Time International product Launching Programme in 2006 by SVIZERA HEALTHCARE in Mumbai in association with Secure Pharma (Israel) on Osteoarthritis.
Attended in the National Seminar by Homeopathy Association –Kolkata on Nutrition 2009.
Participated in the National Seminar in 2014 sponsored by DST & IPGME & R. on Gestational Diabetes.
Participated in the 47th National Conference in 2015 organized by the National Society of Nutrition. (NIN) Hyderabad.
Participated in the HR Conclave at North East Hill University (a Central University) at Tura, Meghalaya in 2015.
Participated in Continuing Nutrition Education 2015 & 2016 organized by Indian Dietetics Association.
Participated in the Cambridge-India Symposium on Diabetes & Nutrition organized by RCSG in 2016 at Kolkata.
ICRCPI – 2017 organized by Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (Indian Chapter) as a Clinical Dietitian, participated also in ‘Workshop On NIV’. Kolkata.
Attended in the 50th National Conference in 2017 organized by Indian Dietetics Association – Kolkata
Participated in the 2 days full-time Faculty Development Programme ‘Opportunities For Research in Social Sciences’ organized by IMS Kolkata in association with AIMS in 2018.
Participated in the International Conference on Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) in February 2018 organized by jointly NIPER & ICMR-NICED, Kolkata.
Participated in the One day workshop on “ Some Recent Issues in Survey Sampling” organized by Presidency University & Indian Association for Productivity, Quality, & Reliability, 2018.
Participated in the oral presentation – 4th Management 2 Days Doctoral Colloquium (MDC & VRS- 2 days) organized by (VGSOM-IIT) Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur in March 2018.
Participated in the oral presentation - 2 Days Doctoral Colloquium organized by Institute of Management Study Kolkata in association with Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University Of Technology (MAKAUT-W.B).April 2018.
School Of Courage -Free Mentorship Program by Wockhardt Foundation & Accenture.2018.
Participated in the 7 days full time " National Workshop on Application & Uses Of Research Methodology” organized by Banaras Hindu University (BHU); Department of Home Science, Varanasi. April, 18, U.P.
Participated in the two days full time: 63- Foundation Day Celebrations 'National Workshop on Research Methodology & Scientific Writing ' organized by Institute of Post Graduate Teaching & Research In Ayurveda (WHO collaborating center for traditional medicine - Ayurveda) a govt. premier institute under Gujrat Ayurved University, Jamnagar, in July 2018.
Attended a one-day seminar: 'Toyota Production System & Quality Function Development ' organized by Quality Council of India associated with the National Board of Quality Promotion (Govt.) at New Delhi in July 2018.
Participated in the workshop on Medical Nutrition Therapy - Enteral & Parenteral Nutrition in AIIMS -New Delhi, jointly organized by the Indian Society of Clinical Nutrition & Department of Gastroenterology & HNU & Surgical Disciplines AIIMS in 31st, Aug-2nd, Sep 2018.
Participated in the 2 days full-time workshop - ‘Qualitative Methods in Health Research’ organized by the Department of Community & Family Medicine at AIIMS Patna (12 credit by Bihar Council of Medical Registration), in October 2018.
Participated & achieved ‘Certificate of Completion in FAO/INFOODS Training on Foods Composition’ by FAO -H.Q- Rome in November 2018 organized by National Institute of Nutrition – Hyderabad in association with ICMR New Delhi.
Participated in the full time in ‘Sports Nutrition Workshop’ organized by Nutrition Society of India (NIN-ICMR) at Hyderabad in November 2018.
Participated in the 3 days full-time workshop (CME) on " Cancer Prevention, Education, & Promotion" held at Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai in June 2019 approved by Maharashtra Medical Council & conducted by dept.of preventive oncology.
Participated in a full-day Symposium on ' Lifestyles Change Interventions in Cardiovascular Metabolic & Malignant Diseases' organized by Department of Clinical & Experimental Pharmacology; School of Tropical Medicine, Kolkata on 6th September, 19.
Attended 10th Regional Quality Conclave organized by QCI-NBQP in association with Federation of Small & Medium Industries (MSME-FOSMI) on the theme 'Quality & Manufacturing Excellence for Sustainable Growth' addressed by Chief Guest Sadhan Pande, Hon’ble Minister-in-Charge of Consumer Affairs & Self Help Group, Government of West Bengal with the presence of other eminent personalities from industries as well as academia.
Guest Speaker/Invited Talk ( with PPT presentation)
Diet Talk at ERICSSON at Kolkata Office for all employees Chief Dietician & Health Advisor in 2014.
Guest Speaker for quality education & audit organized by Rampura Pharmacy College – Boroda. Gujrat in 2015.
Guest Speaker for ‘Lifestyles diseases & Diet, Nutrition’ organized by Modi Care (Modi group of Industries) at Kolkata 2016.
Guest Speaker & Nutrition web instructor for the employees of Tata Beverages Ltd at Kolkata in 2016.
Guest Speaker on the occasion of ' Bengali Nabobarso 1425' as an event in Kolkata jointly organized by Provixo Pvt.Ltd. & Paschimbanga Ayurved Chikitsak Samity: Topic - " Nutritional Benefits of Aloe vera with wheatgrass, Panch Tulsi, Rhizome Turmeric Juice, Karela Jamun Juice ." in 2018.
Diet Talk at TATA METALIKS - Kharagpur, West Bengal on the topics: Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperuricemia, Hypothyroidism, Cardio Vascular Disorders, Fatty Liver.
Guest Speaker at an event for cancer patients organized by ‘JAGARAN’ Hematology Organization & Research Centre (Headed by Dr. Prof. T.K Dolai ) in Kolkata Moulali Yuva Kendra on 3rd November 2018
Started a project under an NGO-CACPL in collaboration with NABARD (Govt.of Inda) to create awareness among villagers on nutrition through more production & distributions of organic vegetables in the Midnapore district, West Bengal. (Objective: more raw vegetable production by farmers & subsequently, higher financial benefits of them).
Advisor/consultant for NIT – Jamshedpur students who have developed an application on lifestyle management.
Worked on a project for CISF (Under Ministry of Home Affairs) –Andal –West Bengal > to audit calories-consumption on cooked foods in the mess on a weekly basis.
1. Published 'Diet Tips' on the occasion of World Foods Day 2019, in Times of India Newspaper both e-version & print on 17th October,19.
2. Participated LIVE 1 hr solo program in All India Radio (AIR-Jubavani) with RJ Sohini & RJ Sagnika as Guest Nutritionist on 'Fast Foods & Crash Dieting' receiving direct questions from listeners on 4th September, 19 on the eve of 'National Nutrition Month' (Poshan Month).
3. Participated in ABP ANANDA T.V Channel as a panel member (Guest Nutritionist). A 22 min recording show telecast 27th & 28th (repeated), July 2019 on the topic 'Sugar & Sugar-Free'.
4. Participated in AIR- RAINBOW FM 107.0 MHz radio station on 16th February 2019 on healthy eating habits as an invited guest nutritionist.
4. Interview conducted for The Telegraph for schools (TTIS), 2018
5. Blogs in Bengali and English magazines,2017.
Related to the following organizations for the online/physical consultations/ counseling or academic purposes for Diet & wellness
(There is no connection like as a staff/employee/contractual service. Only consultations/ tips which are subject to availability & final confirmation by the Dietitian with the consent of the concerned Co.).
India Global _____________
17. CARECLUES 11. GLOBAL CITIZEN FORUM
Other Organisations related to Quality Assurance :
BSCIC CERTIFICATIONS - (2016-till date)
Member of :
Quality Council Of India (QCI-Full Member).
Yearly member of Association of Food Scientists & Technologists- India (AFSTI- India)
Corporate – National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM).
E-Member of American Society of Reproductive Medicine. (ASRM)
Breakthrough Science Society. (BSS)
Life: Amnesty International- Human Rights Organization. (AI)
Life -Indian Dietetics Association. (IDA)
Life – Nutrition Society Of India (NSI)
E-Library Member - SPRINGER
All India Achievers & Research Academy (T.N)
Indian Academicians & Researchers Association (IARA)
Life Member of the Institute of Scholar (Professional)
1) International invitation received as a Speaker: 4th Global Summit on Obesity & Diet Management' Dubai, UAE, October 11-12, 2019.
2) International invitation received as plenary speaker: " Global Experts Meeting on Pediatrics & Neonatology" conference at Rome, Italy, October 17th-19th, 2019.
Director (Pharmaceutical) Award - 2005
DOXINATE TITAN Award – 2006
Nominated for ‘All India Best Healthcare Service Award ‘by Eminent Research –New Delhi for the year 2016.
National Survey Program on ‘Diabetes & diet patients’ by an interview organized by Trinity Market Research –Mumbai in 2016.
Nominated for ‘National Best Nutrition & Diet Counselling Organisation’ by IMRB Kantar & CNBC TV-18 for the year 2017.
'FACE TO FACE -An Interview ' on Obesity & Malnutrition, by TTIS (The Telegraph in Schools ) organized by Don Bosco Park Circus, published in May 7th edition (May,7-May13,2018- 16 pages).
Nominated by TIME Cybermedia for 3rd International Healthcare Awards, 2018.
Nominated by Adfactor to Diet Fitness for International Business Achievers Awards & Summit, 2018 (Gurgaon).
Special Interview on 'Nutrition of Milk Products & Milk Adulteration' by KANTAR IMRB INTERNATIONAL, 2018.
Qualified & Accepted Research Paper in the ‘Young Scientist Award’ & Oral Presentation in November 2018 at Golden Jubilee International Conference organized by the Nutrition Society of India (NIN-ICMR) at Hyderabad.
Recipient of prestigious 'Research Excellence Award -2019' provided by the Institute of Scholar (InSc), Bengaluru (Govt.of Karnataka) for the research paper " A Study on Relationship between Subclinical Hypothyroidism & Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease among Working Women in Kolkata ". The award was received on 11th December 2019.
(Other activities: check other web pages)
(Disclaimer: Result may vary from person to person)