Best Tips for Dysentery patient –
- No fast, junk, saturated , trans fat based foods or meals like pizza, burger, Biriyani all types, chowmin etc. ,
- STOP all kind of fried foods like street/Restaurant foods, even home based no fried foods , no fried vegetables.
- No cola products, no alcohol, smoking, Gutkha, Tobacco products etc.
- Sleep 8-9 hours on average. can have day time sleep/nap.
- No red meat, butter ,ghee ,cheese, or NO oily or fried foods.bhaji at all .
- Greens ,vegetables, fruits as guided above are only helpful for you. No refined sugar, too much sweets, sweet juices.
- No salt or salted products like chips, mixtures of open market.
- It’s better to uses Olive Oil or white Oil as said quantity ,but not mustard oil, palm oil, rapeseed oil
- Try to avoid more animal foods, not at all out side as meals, always home made simple soft or semi solid low salt, no spicy foods.
- Do not add hot spices like red chillies , elachi/cardamom/cumin or even too much addition of any open market branded spices, are not fully safe. All you must count very low in quantity before cooking.
- Patient like you, it’s better to have mostly strew, soup based homemade soft & bland meals
- Do not consume now a days ,nuts, almond, cashew, similar types of dry fruits, even dates, sweet mangoes are not good for you.
- This is always to have fruits, or fruits salad, green salad in your all staple meals for better digestion & help towards for lipid profiles. So can be maintained good health of Liver, Heart, Kidney.
- Egg white max one pc in a day ,so 7 pcs/ 7 days. No Red meat like Mutton etc. Also cut down, excessive animal foods.
- Best Fruits to Eat – Berries, Cucumbers, papaya, water Melon, small apple all citrus fruits like 1 pc Mosambi, amala, Lemon juices, Orange as per season available. Avoid all sweet fruits like ripe mangoes, coconut, Black grapes, dates, of course all dry fruits,
- Best Vegetables to eat – All gourds Like Bottle Gourds, snake gourds, bitter gourds, also beet roots, carrots, all whole skins vegetables good.
- Avoid vegetables like spinach, logcal greens, all seeds,brinjal, Cabbage, Cauliflower etc (or if check allergy).
- No wine or alcoholic products ,No smoking also.
- Drink water after 10mins.of each meal & avoid heavy meals at a time, small but frequent meals (every 2-3 hours interval) are always helpful for all. Do not sit or sleep just after staple meals but some mild movements.
- Recommended Fruits –can be 400 gm total per day ]
Add - Cucumber, Guava, berries, small apple, all citrus fruits like musambi, orange, amla, plums,medium size grapes, some cherries,Pineapple etc.
Fruits Restricted/Very less
NOT NOW - Banana, coconut, all sweets fruits mango, etc. including juices, black grapes, jackfruit, all dry fruits like Dates, almond, cashew, Akhrot ,all nuts.etc.
- Recommended Vegetables –can be 500 gm total per day (Lunch, Dinner)
Add – All gourds like bottle gourd, papaya, Snake gourd(Lau), Bitter Gourd (Corela) , Parbal, Ladies finger, Broccoli, etc.
Vegetables Restricted/Very less
NOT NOW/Less – Potatoes, sweet potatoes, local greens , pumpkin, cabbage, cauliflower, brinjal etc.or anything creates gas or indigestion
More to add -
- Rehydration therapy - initially this is done using oral rehydration; the patient is encouraged to drink plenty of liquids.
- Never poor hygiene,
- Regularly washing hands, especially before and after going to the toilet and preparing food.,
- only drink water from reliable sources Aqua Gaurd or bottled water or hot water duly normal.
- Make sure the food you eat is thoroughly cooked, hot or lukewarm, fresh ,same day based
- No back dated, challan, old, rotten foods
- No processed ,spicy outside packeted foods like out side soups.
- No use of ice cubes, Drinking vinegar with some water or soup/strew on Sunday or holidays
- Use purified water to clean your teeth.
- Blood test, Endoscopy/ colonoscopy – may go for tests.
(Disclaimer: Result may vary from person to person)