Weight Management Diet (A sample diet plan)
Overweight to Normal for a vegetarian person, age around 30 years.
Age – 26yr.,
male, Height – 5.8 (173cm) & Present Weight – 82 kg.
BMI – 27.42 (Range – 18.5-24.9), Foods Habits – Vegan
Should reduce weight 8-10 kgs gradually @ 2-3 kg /p.m safely.
(Do not use any supplement)
Diagnosis – Overweight. DIET - Low Fat Diet
Recommended Energy – 1600kcal/day.
ADVICE mainly to follow;–
- No alcohol or smoking – max 2 pegs red wine if possible. But no smoking which is very harmful always.
- No Breakfast skipping but must /should have 3-50 gm plain Oatmeal or at least 2-4 cream cracker Biscuits.
- Instead of Coffee better to have Green tea which is really useful indirectly to reduce weight as said.
- Take /try to consume less rice but whole wheat 2-3 pcs phulkari roti, rice increase visceral fat for sedentary people like you.
- Do not take a banana, sweets, rich cream based all foods, try to add greens, more gourds vegetables, whole skins vegetables/fruits.
- No fast, junk, saturated, trans fat based foods or meals like pizza, burger, Biriyani all types, chowmin ,
- STOP all kind of fried foods like street foods, even home based no fried foods, no fried vegetables even.
- No cola products, no alcohol, smoking,
- Sleep only 6-7 hours
- Exercises Outdoor & Indoor (as mail) as more possible -2 -3 hours
- Without exercises or activities like walking 2-3 km daily, jogging, etc high efforts oriented - << NOTHING IS POSSIBLE –so be serious & start practicing.
- Be dynamic as possible, never be at a place for long time sitting, rather always movements oriented
- No red meat, butter, ghee , cheese, or NO oily or fried foods at all.
- Greens, vegetables, fruits as guided above are only helpful for you. No other to try.
Tentative Meal Plan in a Day.
Early Morning 6 am –
300ml fresh water + ¼ lemon juice Start Yoga/Boy Poses plan .Eat 50gm Sprouts duly soaked at last night.
1-2 km walking & free hand, also some Indoor exercises.
Break Fast 7 am (Anyone alternatively)
- 2 pcs. Chapathi /Roti + mix vegetables ,150ml milk.
- 3 pcs Brown Breads + 50gm Curd 15 mins, later milk.
- 3-4 pcs Momo preferably veg with soup
- Oat meals /Porridge/ Dalia-any 5.
- Dahi Chura 50gm
10. 30am -
2 Pcs whole Fruits – 1 citrus +1 other type / sometimes salad/ Soup ,.
Lunch – 12 noon –
30 Gm Rice or 2 pcs chapati +1 serving mix vegetables + 1 Bowl Dal (any) + 1 serving soft low oil vegetables + 50 gm sour curd
In case of vegetarian, you can eat Plain Paneer/ Chana/Yogurts/
Mid Afternoon – 3 pm
Fruits, Salad either by whole or dressings
Low-calorie snacks (pick from Breakfast meals) + Green Tea
Dinner – 9.30pm –
2 pcs Roti + 2 servings of vegetables (1 plain mix & another sprout mixing ) + 1 serving of paneer/chana/ card (do not repeat from other meals)
Bed Time – 10 pm
(Disclaimer: Result may vary from person to person)